Feeling stressed in today’s society is pretty much unavoidable. But how the stress will affect you or when it usually happens, still stress can affect your daily endeavor. Without doing smart practices on dealing with difficult situations, a life could be as stressful as it can be. You may be feeling drained before the week gets over and the following week begins. Stress can cause gastric pain, headache, and can start the feeling of being burned out.
We all get stressed, but how do you deal with it? Do you still get a lot of sleep? Do you exercise more? Rethink your responsibilities? Well, all of these questions need to be addressed as they’re also – let’s face it – really boring.
To reduce the stress, you need to have some fun while doing it, considering these options instead:
- Get crafty by expressing yourself creatively. It is a great way to distract yourself from your problem. Plus, it’s relaxing and helps you release endorphins. Try listening to music, singing, drawing, or participating in some other kind of craft. Do you want to double the benefits? Creating visualization is stress-relieving because it entertains you and it inspires you to discover greater meaning in your life.
- Do cuddle with an animal. Pets are great for your health in some ways. Petting an animal for just a few minutes can reduce stress, having an unconditional love from your pet can contribute a wonderful effect to your health. Try walking with your pet especially dogs– they’ve been bred to respond to human emotion, plus the mere act of walking can be stress-relieving too. Don’t you have access to a furry friend? Watching a video of an adorable animal can also help you diminish stress.
- Have a vacation. Planning a vacation is the best way to sort the activities that you can do to release the stress. Having a long vacation will let you feel relax and think of the things that you can’t still do before. Mini-trips are great for recharging your energy. So, take a long weekend, or just head out on a day trip.
- Perform a random act of kindness. Giving to others stimulates your brain’s relaxation responses, which is why being kind is great when you’re stressed. But don’t just donate money! Try volunteering, or simply perform a random act of kindness for either a stranger or someone you don’t know well.
- Scream. Do you think screaming doesn’t sound fun? Think again! When you feel like you’re about to burst, screaming is an intense and secretly exhilarating way to release all your frustrations. Drive to a secluded spot or just scream into your pillow. You’ll be surprised how much better you feel. Just make sure to warn any loved ones if they happen to be nearby.
- Break something. Just like screaming, shattering an object is a fun, cathartic way to reduce stress. Just make sure to break an object that you don’t want or need. And make sure you break it in a way that keeps everybody safe. You may need to find an insulated area or get some safety goggles. And be sure to wear close-toed shoes.
- Talk to a friend. Are you going through a tough situation? Hashing it out with a friend can be a great way to work through your issues. Talk about some funny experiences, not stressful things.
- Listen to a great song. Perhaps, it’s no surprise that listening to music releases dopamine in your brain. But do you know that music can also transport you to a different time? Pick a song from a less worrying period in your life and let it comfort you out.
- Get in touch with your inner child. Do you ever wonder why children are never that stressed? Sure, it’s because they don’t have that many responsibilities – but it’s also because they have playtime. Luckily, it’s pretty easy to give yourself a playtime as an adult. All you need to do is get in touch with your inner childhood. So go have fun! Play tag, fly a kite, get some Play-Doh, and build Legos or finger paint. You’ll be surprised with the outcome; how much it can relieve stress.
- Play games. Do you need a fun stress reliever at your workplace? Skip the Lego and go for games instead. Brain games like crosswords or Sudoku are challenging, thus they are stress-relieving. Go for a board game, or keep a deck of cards on your desk.
We always have to think that stress can be anywhere but it is how we deal with it. Find the best option mentioned above that you think can really help you relieve from being drained. Forget about the things that may cause you frustrations and disappointments. Always think of happy thoughts and you will feel better!