This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- bar supervisor or team leader
- duty manager
- food and beverage supervisor or team leader
- front office supervisor or team leader
- housekeeping supervisor or team leader
- gaming supervisor or team leader
- shift manager.